.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Peggy Tanous On Her Postpartum Depression

http://www.bravotv.com/media/u55355/dish-030711-Peggy-Tanous.jpgJust when you thought the Real Housewives of Orange County was only good for drama-fueled catfights, it's newest castmember, Peggy Tanous, is about to shed light on a very serious issue.

On this Sunday's episode, the former model reveals a three-year battle with postpartum depression that got so bad she contemplated suicide...

"I [felt] so lost and depressed and overwhelmed that I had a thought of going upstairs and grabbing the gun," Tanous exclusively told us when we chatted with her earlier today.

"There were days when I would wake up and I just didn't want to get out of bed...Thank god there were never thoughts of me wanting to harm my children...That was never, ever the case for me, thank god! But it was more just harming myself or running away. Like I had thoughts, I'm going to get the car today and just drive off and never come back."

The 41-year-old mama of two says through the help of holistic supplements, she was able to gain control of her depression.

"I'm in a much better place now," she says, "and feel almost pretty much back to normal. I have some bad day,s but for the most part I feel pretty much back to normal...It's an ongoing struggle."

Credit: E! Online (Marc Malkin)