.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

'She has made me a nicer person': DIY star Nick Knowles opens up about the woman who has stolen his heart

By Georgina Littlejohn


Head-over-heels: Nick Knowles and girlfriend Jessica Morris are snapped together for the first time at the Variety Club Annual Dinner in London last week


He is the handsome and rugged confirmed bachelor that knows how to turn a building site bedroom into a beautiful boudoir.

But after years of being single and having always put his career first, Nick Knowles has revealed that a special woman has come into his life and turned it around.

The presenter of BBC One's DIY SOS has opened up to Hello! magazine and spoken about Jessica Rose Moor, who he first met two years ago.


But it took a while for their relationship to blossom and Nick, 48, has spoken for the first time about the PR executive who has left him 'head-over-heels'.

He first met Jessica, who at 23 is 25 years his junior, through her parents, who he met when they ran a motorbike tour company throughout Europe and the US.

Years passed and he was invited to visit Su and her second husband, Jessica's stepfather - who have both since given their blessing to the relationship - to give some advice to Jessica about starting a media career.

He said: 'I sat in the garden, Jess walked out and I thought "wow". I gave her as much advice as I could about the area of media she was looking to get into.

'I said I'd be in touch if anything suitable came up and took her number. I'd text her and ask, "how you doing?" and I'd get nothing.

Jessica said: 'There was an instant attraction for both of us, it was just a bit of a slow process getting things off the ground because we were in and out of the country.'

She then said six months after they left, he picked her up from the airport and he asked her to be his girlfriend - and they've barely been apart since.

She said: 'A few weeks later I got offered a job in London and went to stay with Nick for ten days. I never left!'

No issue: Nick says he did have reservations about the 25-year age gap between him and Jessica at first but is hasn't been a problem at all


Nick admits that Jessica has changed him for the better, especially when it comes to balancing his personal life and his job.

He said: 'Previous girlfriends had said, "If you really care about this relationship, you'll change the way you work".

'And my response would always be, "I can't change the way I work, this is how it has to be if you do what I do for a living".

'Then I met Jessica and changed the way I work. I'm no less committed to the job but I've found a way of being home more. Jessica has slowed me down and made me such more considerate.'

Nick added that it wasn't hard adjusting to living with a woman after so long and that he and Jessica have become real homebodies, which neither of them have been.

He said: 'If anyone had told me two years ago that I'd feel this way about someone and talk to them in the way Jess and I talk to each other, I'd have felt quite nauseous.'

Nick also said he initially had reservations about the 25-year age gap between him and Jessica.

But he said it hasn't been an issue, adding: 'I don't know if it's because Jessica is so much more mature and worldly travelled than most girls her age, or because I have a Peter Pan complex and don't want to lead a dull life and be sensible.'

Slowing down the day job: Nick, seen here with his DIY SOS crew, said he has changed the way he works since meeting Jessica


Source:dailymail