.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

'Fainting' Gillian McKeith branded a fake by starving campmates as she's nominated for ANOTHER trial

By Daily Mail Reporter



Real or fake? Gillian McKeith's fainting episode on Sunday night has been questioned by her campmates


Gillian McKeith managed to wriggle out what would have been her seventh bushtucker trial after fainting on live TV on Sunday night.

But it appears the nutritionist's dramatic behaviour is starting to make her campmates suspicious, with many of them heralding her acting skills for 'faking' her fainting episodes.

While the 51-year-old Scot was away from camp with medics after Linford Christie completed her trial, comedian Dom Joly and actress Britt Ekland admitted they weren't convinced by her hysterics.


Dramatic: Gillian was given oxygen by medics after collapsing as she made her way to the bushtucker trial


Joly said: 'I smell Baftas for that faint, I really do.'
Shaun Ryder agreed: 'If that was real, so are my teeth... We get 12 meals and Gillian gets an Academy Award.'

Prior to quitting the show, actor Nigel Havers enthused: 'The faint was just brilliant. It's just the timing was so good.'

Joly added: 'Classical actors are trained for years to do that sort of fall. It was just like Miss Havisham or someone going down. It was unbelievable.'


Unconvinced: Britt Ekland said she didn't believe Gillian really fainted


Ekland told the Bush Telegraph: 'No, I don’t think Gillian fainted. I think she’s maybe a better actress than I am.'

Several campmates admitted they were glad Christie was able to step in so they could eat after McKeith has struggled to win meals in previous trials leaving them starving.

Talking to Sheryl Gascoigne who was imprisoned in her camp jail, TV presenter Alison Hammond said: 'I hope she’s alright and everything but the fact that she fainted, I was over the moon. I don’t want to be horrible because soon as they said Linford I thought “my belly’s going to be full tonight. I am so hungry.'


'Classical actors are trained for years to do that sort of fall': Dom Joly was unconvinced


Speaking later in the Bush Telegraph, the former Big Brother contestant added: 'Its just when she fainted it was just, sorry it’s very bad that I’m laughing, but it was just so gracious and everything. She was so on cue. I just can’t believe she fainted. It’s not funny that she fainted.'

When Gillian returned to camp, Joly praised her for a very 'realistic' fainting episode.

She retorted: 'I told you I didn’t feel well. I said I feel faint and you said “you’ll be fine, you’ll be fine."'


In the dock: For the Kangaroo Court trial, all the campmates had to stand in a dock full of hundreds of cockroaches while completing a puzzle


But after learning tonight she was chosen again - alongside Dom - for what will hopefully be her seventh trial in Tuesday's episode, McKeith said: 'Help me I can't do any of it. I'm gonna let them down.'

Despite missing out on the bushtucker trial, McKeith ended up cheating in the Kangaroo Court when she sat on the rim of the dock.

The rest of the contestants ended up covered in cockroaches as they had to remain in the docks while sorting out puzzles of sliding tiles.

After being disqualified by the judge and sent to solitary confinement in the gym, McKeith complained: 'I was in the dock. I was in the outer perimeter of the dock. I should be getting an apology...

'I’m so angry, I should not be in here, I’m telling you now it”s not fair, do you hear me?!


Cheater: Gillian sat on the edge of the dock meaning she didn't have contact with the cockroaches - to the chagrin of the judge


Grossed out: Kayla Collins tries to remove the cockroaches from her body as she completed the puzzle


'I fainted today, I’ve had no food, I don’t feel well and then you go and disqualify me. You didn’t give me a chance and now you put me in a fly ridden hell hole. Do you hear me?'

She carried on ranting in the jail at producers - despite fellow inmate Shaun Ryder being a lot calmer with his imprisonment for being the slowest at the task.

She shouted: 'If I get another trial tomorrow which I probably will, then I want a pardon, you will need to drag me there by my hair because I won’t be going, who is in the power seat now? Parole me or I don’t go to the trial and I mean that.'


'I want a pardon': Gillian angrily ranted at producers for putting her in the jungle jail after being disqualified from the task


Poor me: McKeith complained: 'I fainted today, I¿ve had no food, I don¿t feel well and then you go and disqualify me.'


Ryder told her: 'Shout all you want. It's not going to do f**k all is it?'

But the former Happy Mondays singer soon erupted at McKeith when she told him he couldn't smoke in jail.

He fired back: 'You f***ing what? I’ll smoke where I want, you can go in the f***ing toilet. I smoke where I want, don’t tell me where I can’t smoke.'

After McKeith told him to stop swearing, he retorted: 'I”ll f***ing swear when I want to swear so f*** off.'

Undeterred, Gillian added, 'There’s plenty of other places to smoke, I can’t be near smoke, my father died from smoking.'


Clash: Gillian argued with Shaun when she told him to stop smoking in jail


Fiery: Shaun admitted he was struggling to share the jail with Gillian, but later apologised for his bad language


Meanwhile, viewers last night were shown the exact moment actor Nigel Havers decided to quit the ITV reality show.

The 59-year-old was seen objecting to the Kangaroo Court task which saw contestants given electric shocks if they failed, shouting: 'I don't do electric shocks, I'm leaving.

'I cannot waste another second. Every day is like a year. I can't talk any more small talk.'

But Havers nearly changed his mind when he caught sight of Playboy Playmate Kayla wearing a black monokini which highlighted her curvy figure and left little to the imagination.


Reason for staying: Nigel Havers nearly changed his mind about leaving when he saw Kayla Collins in her barely-there monokini


He joked with his fellow campmates: 'I think I have changed my mind!'

However, Havers did eventually decide to leave the camp, before dishing the dirt on his fellow celebrities from the comfort of the Versace Hotel on Australia's Gold Coast.

And referring to his curvy campmate Kayla, Havers said: 'She did not really feature very much in my life in the camp, I was fascinated by the Playboy mansion stuff . . . She didn’t contribute much to camp life at first, she comes from another planet, LA, there’s Mars, Jupiter and then LA.'


Goodbye: Nigel bids farewell to his former campmates after making the decision to leave


Hugs: Nigel hugged Kayla as he left, but later admitted she seemed as though she was from a 'different planet'


Talking about Gillian, the actor added: 'I really liked Gillian, the moment I met her in that villa she was needy, clingy and worried and she said to me: “thank god you are here, you are going to help me aren’t you?” and that’s the way it went on.

'She could be flat out unconscious one moment then cooking beans in the camp the next... There are two sides to her - one controlling and touchy and the other side is playing a game to get maximum publicity out of it.

'I tucked her into her camp bed, in a caring way, and she’d scream about a bit of bark thinking it was an insect so I think she is genuinely scared.'


Departure: Nigel crosses the bridge, making his exit from camp


But he had nothing but praise for both Sheryl Gascoigne and Britt Ekland.

About Gascoigne, Havers said: 'She's elegant, sophisticated, very self contained and absolutely charming.

'She was a mother figure. She’s had a pretty hard life and I’m not sure what she’s doing here.'

And praising actress Ekland, he said: 'She’s had a wonderful career and is a wonderful woman, like other Swedish women I’ve met she’s stoic, bossy, attractive and a genuinely forthright woman with a rod of steel up her back.'

Was Gillian faking it? You decide...





source: dailymail