.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

My dad has never fought my battles: Sonam Kapoor - Bollywood news Gossips

The rumour mills have been buzzing that Sonam Kapoor is upset with Pankaj Kapur for wasting the 70-odd days she has allotted to his directorial debut, Mausam, and has coaxed dad Anil Kapoor to meet with him at producer Sheetal Talwar’s home to sort out the issue.

In New Zealand, during a recent shoot of Abbas-Mustan’s Players, the actor laughs away the gossip saying, “Shahid (co-star Shahid Kapoor) and I are both grown ups. If we had any problems, we’d sort them out ourselves without involving our parents. My dad has never fought my battles. I can give another five months to Mausam. A timeless love story can’t be rushed.”

Weeks have passed since Deepika Padukone and she went on Karan Johar’s talk show, Koffee With Karan 3, and stirred up a storm with Sonam their digs at Ranbir Kapoor and Imran Khan.

Ranbir’s father, Rishi Kapoor, was outraged and insisted that his son would never work with either of the girls again, drawing forth a retort from Anil Kapoor that such comments needed to be taken lightly. Speaking on the two actors, Sonam says, “Imran and I are good friends and hopefully, we should be doing another film soon.”

On the subject of Ranbir she adds, “I don’t think I said anything nasty about him. All I said was that I don’t find him sexy. He said the same about me when Imran and he were together on Koffee With Karan. I heard about it only later but it didn’t upset me.”

The amiable actor loses her cool at the mere mention of Abhay Deol who slammed Aisha. “Abhay likes to create controversies to make
headlines, which is fine, but he shouldn’t do so at the cost of his biggest commercial hit. Everyone gained from Aisha, including Abhay. So there’s no reason for him to be upset.”

Abhay had also said that Sonam’s home production was more style than substance and a large part of the budget went into the costumes.

Sonam clarifies, “Aisha was a modest Rs 12 crore film. We shot in an expensive city like Delhi. There were no extras left for us to splurge. So instead of buying, we borrowed clothes from designer friends. Abhay knows that, so it’s unfair of him to run down my film or speak out against my dad.”

Sonam has three films lining for release this year, Thank You with Akshay Kumar, Players with Abhishek Bachchan and Mausam with Shahid.

You’ll see a very different Sonam in these three films. After Saawariya and Dilli 6, I was known as a ‘desi’ girl and a serious actor. Then I Hate Luv Storys and Aisha came along, and suddenly, I was a fashion icon,” she says. “It’s fun to confuse, no stereotypes for me.”